Friday, October 29, 2004

Fireworks!!!

Faithie, my cat, doesn't like fireworks. Coming to think about it, neither do I!!!

When I was a kid, Dad (God bless his soul!) decided on one fireworks night to have a bonfire, with fireworks etc. Nothing wrong with that you would have thought? Well, everything was going nicely, until Dad lighted a Rocket. I was watching it go up, then it started coming down!! Me, being about 6 years old, didn't think anything of it; after all, where is it supposed to go?!? A few minutes later, I could feel this funny sensation on my neck.

"Mum", I said casually, "What's on my neck"? All of a sudden, all hell had let loose!!! Unknown to me, that lovely rocket had landed on my neck!!!! Luckly, everything turned out ok. I ended up with a small scar on my neck, a burned jumper and Dad got another telling off from Mum!!

Hence, since then, I haven't been that keen on fireworks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home