Sunday, October 31, 2004

Funny story!

I use a POSSUM Companion Environmental Control which enables me to do various things, such as turn the television on/off, answer the phone and, of course, answer the intercom on the front door. When someone presses the intercom's buzzer, I select "intercom" on my Possum companion and a (male) voice asks who is at the door. If its someone I want to let in, I select door on the Possum at which point the voice tells them to come in and the door opens automatically. Now that you understand that, I can tell you my story!!!

I am a single disabled woman who lives in an adapted bungalow in a "normal" (whatever that is!!!) road. Until a few months ago, there was a family living two doors away and their two children were very friendly towards me. Amy was about 8yrs old and her brother, Lee, was about 6yrs old. They used to pop in to say hello, borrow things and to play with my cat.

One day they came in, said hello, had a chat, played with Faithie (the cat) and then stood around as if they wanted to say something.

"My brother wants to ask you something" said Amy.

So, I looked at Lee and asked him what did he want to say. He went shy on me and his sister continued: "Well, we was wondering if you have a husband?"

When I asked why, Lee pipped up and said: "A man's voice always answers the door".

Since I knew that they were moving away from the area, I answered: "Yes, I keep him in the cupboard"!!!

The look on their faces was a picture, they quickly said their farewells and went home! I wonder what they told their parents???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home